Do you know how to make a turban? Then you can boast with both good knowledge of traditions and fashion trends. A turban has become a stylish accessory that suits for any weather and outfit. Just learn how to make a fashion turban hat right.
Different types of turbans
One of the functions of a classic turban is to cover the hair in order to keep it protected or because of the cultural peculiarities. Although a turban originally was a male attribute, today every fan of an ethnic style or boho style keeps it in a wardrobe.
There are several types of turbans distinguished according to the purpose of use and a style of an outfit:
- a national headwear (tied in Turkish or African style);
- a religious attribute;
- an alternative to a hat;
- an accessory for summer look;
- an accessory for cocktail gown;
- a detail in a southern style;
- an attribute of retro, boho, or ethno style.
How to tie a turban step by step
How to wrap a turban: Turkish style
- Put on a wrap like a hood.
- Cross the edges at the back, then fold forward.
- Cross twice in the front to create crossed loops.
- Put the edges back and tie.
- If the edges are short, you can leave them hanging.
- If the edges are long, hide them.
How to tie an African turban
- Make a ponytail or a bun.
- Cover your head with a narrow piece of cloth.
- Cross the edges on the front, then fold backwards.
- Cross the edges again; fold on the front.
- Cross the edges once more above the first cross.
- Fold backwards and tie.
- Hide the edges.
How to wrap a turban with a scarf
- Take a scarf and cover the head widthway. One edge should cover your face a bit, the other should hang backwards.
- Tilt your head. Hold the short edge with one hand. Wrap the longer edge around your head.
- Hide the edge and move to the front. Wrap around the loops. Fix with a knot.
- Fold the edges crossways at the back. Fold upwards and tie a knot above the forehead.
- Repeat once more if there is enough fabric or just hide the edges.
How to tie turban with twists
Twists are an interesting detail that makes a turban look more original. You can wrap them around the head, make a braid, etc. The twists serve as an adornment and help to fix the wrap securely. The process is very simple:
- Cover the head with a scarf.
- Tie a knot at the back.
- Twist two edges and fold to the front.
- Wrap above the forehead and pin.
How to tie a fashion turban with a scarf
- Fold the rectangular piece of cloth in halves placing the centre at one of the temples.
- Take free edges on the opposite side and twist them until the wrap feels tight.
- Place the twist around creating a rose knot on the side.
- Hide the edges in one of the wrinkles.
- If you have long hair, you can make a high ponytail and twist it inside the cloth.
How to tie a turban with a neckerchief
- Place a little neckerchief leaving a broad part on the back.
- Twist the edges and tie a knot.
- Hide a knot with a pointing edge. Then hide the edges.
WATCH PART 2! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tw6xnRR97hc Hey loves. I’m back! This time I’m showing you my 4 favorite ways to wrap my hair. Let me know which look you like the best & please don’t forget to like & subscibe! xoxo H I G H L Y R E Q U E S T E D Hair Routine: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t2G3qTO26fs Who is Kilahmazing?: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hc_8k…
- A wrap draws attention to the face, take care about natural makeup.
- Gather your hair before wrapping or use a hairspray to fix it.
- If you use an additional wrap, make sure it doesn’t stick out from the wrap.
- A backing pad will add more volume even if you have short hair.
- Don’t tie a wrap too tight, it can cause a headache.
Turban styles ideas
Now you know how to tie a turban in different techniques – it is time for some experiments. We have picked impressive headwrap styles for inspiration. Some of them have been shown on catwalks, some are perfect for street style outfits, and some for everyday trendy look. Pick yours!