The weekend will start soon and many people will spend a good time with their relatives and friends. Apart from the main dishes, you will need something tasty to entertain your guests. Go for the winning solution – try puff puff recipe!
Puff Puff is a spongy, deep-fried, round-shaped and very delicious snack. You can find many types of Nigerian puff puff recipe on the Web: people make the spicy variant with pepper or the sweet one with syrups and honey.
Now we will show you the different ways of how to make Nigerian puff puff!
Buy all necessary high-quality kitchen and dining tools for preparing puff puff on Jiji at the best prices on the Web!
1. Ingredients for puff puff
In order to make 25 Puff Puff balls of the medium size you will need:
- 2 glasses of plain flour (250g).
- 2 tsp. of yeast (for baking bread).
- ½ tsp. of ground nutmeg.
- ½ glass granulated sugar (optional, to taste).
- 3 pinches of salt.
- Lukewarm water.
- Vegetable Oil.
2. Tips before preparation
Just before telling you how to make soft puff puff we gonna tell you one important thing.
- If the yeast you use looks like tiny pebbles or has a pastry consistency, try mixing it with lukewarm water. Later, you will add it after adding water to the mix.
- If the yeast has the powder form, add it just when you will be adding other dry components to the flour.
3. How to prepare puff puff: the directions
- Put your flour in a bowl, add some powdered yeast, nutmeg, salt, and sugar. Mix the components.
- How to mix puff puff: add a small amount of water and mix up the dry ingredients by hand till you get a nice blend. Then, add the yeast mixed with lukewarm water. Pour warm water into the mix in order to make it rise faster.
- Continue mixing until the batter becomes smooth but not too liquid to flow from a spoon. The mix must be thicker than the pancake batter.
- Cover the bowl with the foil, press the edges well to make it is airtight.
- Leave the mix to rise for about 40-45 minutes. You will know that the mixture is ready to fry when you will see that it has risen and will have the tiny air bubbles.
- How to fry puff puff: pour vegetable oil (3 inches deep will make the puff puff spherical) in a deep pot and heat it up. Do not use a deep fryer because of the netting.
Nigerian Food is yummy! See more Nigerian recipes: http://bit.ly/NigerianRecipes See more information about this recipe by clicking “Show More” below. In this video, I try to answer every question I have received about Nigerian Puff Puff.
4. How to make puff puff with milk
If you want to learn how to make Puffpuff this video is for you. https://youtu.be/SYA7fmgtpuQ Homemade Nigerian snack AKA Puffpuff
5. How to make puff puff without yeast
No Yeast Puff Puff — a tasty variety of the traditional popular African snacks Puff Puff which is made of self-rising flour instead of yeast, sugar, beer, egg and oil. No need to wait long to get a bite of these delicious treats. RECIPE: https://www.africanbites.com/no-yeast-puff-puff/
6. How to make Peppered Puff Puff
Peppered Puff Puff is the spicy version of the classic Nigerian Puff Puff. Ingredients: http://www.allnigerianrecipes.com/snacks/peppered-puff-puff.html ❤ Like & Subscribe for more: http://bit.ly/NigerianRecipes Click “Show More” or down-arrow for more info about this video.
7. Fried Puff Pastry Dipped in Honey and Coconut
Ingredients: Puff pastry Honey Coconut oil Coconut Ingredienten: Bladerdeeg Honing kokosolie kokos المقادير: نفخة المعجنات عسل زيت جوز الهند جوزة الهند Ingrédients: pâte feuilletée miel l’huile de noix de coco noix de coco
8. How to make the perfect puff puff
Puff puff is a popular West African snack made of deep fried dough that is fluffy on the inside and slightly crunchy on the outside. In this video, I show you how to make the perfect puff puff.
Install free updated Jiji app now to get all the best Jiji deals right on your smartphone!