Rick Genest was a Canadian actor, artist, and fashion model born in LaSalle, Quebec. He was known as Zombie Boy, long before he was tattooed. During his modeling career, Rick also promoted tattoo concealer. Read on for other facts about the tattoo artist.
- The 32-year-old became a symbol for his pursuit of a personal vision and aesthetic, with the turning of his body into a canvas that resembled a zombie.
- Rick started tattooing skeletal images all over his body after he was diagnosed with a brain tumor.
- Before his popularity, he survived surgery for the brain tumor and embraced a lifestyle of vagrancy and hitchhiking before deciding to cover his body with tattoos.
26.5k Likes, 536 Comments – Zombie Boy 💀 (@rickgenestofficial) on Instagram: “Happy 4th of July!! 🇺🇸”
14.3k Likes, 138 Comments – Zombie Boy 💀 (@rickgenestofficial) on Instagram: “Inked Day of the Dead #ZombieBoy”
- He promoted Dermablend makeup products, appearing in a commercial where his tattoos were covered by the product.
- Rick Genest got his first tattoo when he was 16 years of age and after a few years, his whole body was covered in ink. After living on the streets of Montreal, Rick started performing in the sideshow business as a bizarre entertainer.
- The “Zombie Boy” was discovered in 2010 when he was featured in a campaign for French fashion brand, Thierry Mugler.
Thierry Mugler’s new Creative Director, Nicola Formichetti presents this exclusive online video to accompany his debut collection. Featuring Zombie Boy Rick Genest and the music of long-time Formichetti collaborator, Lady Gaga. Still haven’t subscribed to W on YouTube? ►► http://bit.ly/wyoutubesub ABOUT W The Who, What, Where, When, and Why in the world of fashion and style.
- His claim to major fame was his 2011 performance alongside pop-star Lady Gaga in her “Born This Way” music video which helped spark his modeling career.
WRITTEN BY LADY GAGA. EXECUTIVE PRODUCER: VINCENT HERBERT. DIRECTED BY NICK KNIGHT. CHOREOGRAPHY BY LAURIE ANN GIBSON. LADY GAGA / JOANNE NEW ALBUM / OUT NOW iTunes: http://smarturl.it/Joanne Apple Music: http://smarturl.it/Joanne.ap Spotify: http://smarturl.it/Joanne.sp Google Play: http://smarturl.it/Joanne.gp Amazon: http://smarturl.it/Joanne.amz LadyGaga.com: http://smarturl.it/GagaStore FOLLOW LADY GAGA: http://www.facebook.com/ladygaga http://www.twitter.com/ladygaga http://www.instagram.com/ladygaga http://www.snapchat.com/add/ladygaga http://smarturl.it/LG.sp EMAIL LIST: http://smarturl.it/LadyGaga.News #VEVOCertified on Oct.
- His modeling career also led him across the world where he would walk in many runway fashion shows.
- Genest is also a Guinness World Record holder for the most insect tattoo’s on the human body at 176, as well as the most human bone tattoos with 139.
16.3k Likes, 113 Comments – Zombie Boy 💀 (@rickgenestofficial) on Instagram: “🌹”
- In fact, there will even be a bronze statue of ‘Zombie Boy’ to be displayed in London’s Science Museum next year. British artist, Marc Quinn was set to create it and had called the model himself artwork earlier this year.