The very first thing that catches the eye when visiting a beauty salon is hairdressing tools and equipment. And only after that, if the client found everything OK, he gets the chance to evaluate the level of professionalism of your studio’s employees.
That’s why, if you’ve decided to start a barber salon business, one of the main tasks is buying the professional hair salon equipment.
Now we will provide you with a detailed hair salon equipment list for beginners, we’ll tell you what types of equipment you should buy, where it’s best to buy the necessary items and which brands you can trust!
Buy quality branded salon equipment on Jiji – we bet you haven’t met such low prices on the whole Web!
1. The furniture
1.1. The barber chair
The first thing that should be on your list of barbing salon equipment is a hairdresser’s chair or barber chair. It should be convenient (for both the master and the client), easy to move around, easy to care for and stylish to match the latest fashion trends and general interior concept.
There are various types of contemporary barber chairs, and they are classified by several features. So, depending on the design, theку are three main types:
- Screw. They differ depending on the presence of wheels and “five-ray” metal construction, hidden in a plastic casing. These chairs move and rotate around its axis easily, and can be adjusted in height if necessary,
- Pneumatic. This “smart” device automatically lowers down when the client sits down and rises when he gets up. The lever located on one leg of the chair helps to make the additional adjustments, and height can be changed by easily pressing of the leg of the chair. The construction of a chair has two “five-rays”: a metal one (also hidden in a plastic casing) and a chrome-plated pneumatic cartridge.
- Hydraulic. These chairs are equipped with a hydraulic lift, allowing slowly and smoothly raise and lower the whole structure.
Before buying, you should check out the salon equipment price list, since many items require auxiliary products, and if you buy expensive equipment – these auxiliary items can already be integrated into it!
In addition, you should purchase:
- Stand for client’s feet.
- The holder for the hairdryer (if it is not included in the trolley).
- Cover for the chair.
- Baby chair or seat.
Check out the barber chairs on Jiji – choose the quality products at the best prices on the Web!
1.2. Mirror and work shelf
This is a workplace of the barber.
The mirror is not only an important barber’s item but also an effective detail in the interior. The variety of modifications of the latest mirror models can really surprise you. The mirror can be single- and double-sided, with shelves and tool holders.
Don’t know where to buy salon equipment in order not to go broke? Buy inexpensive salon mirrors on Jiji – make only reasonable deals for your business!
1.3. Storage cabinet for the equipment
2. Auxiliary equipment
2.1. Hair dryer
Hair dryer is a device for drying hair, which looks like a kind of helmet on a stand. This device will be the best solution for an entry-level barbershop. But the premium class salons are using modern high-tech devices for drying – hood dryers.
Buy salon hair dryers on Jiji – get the best deals from the real sellers from all around Nigeria!
2.2. Hair wash basin
Hair wash basin is sold separately or within a barber chair (barber chair-sink). The hydraulic mechanism allows the barber to quickly change the position of the chair relative to the sink. It is excellent if the sink is deep, and the tilt angle is adjustable.
The cheapest models are not associated with the chair, but the most expensive sets often have two sinks and two chairs, and sometimes they even represent a kind of washing-transformer with a movable rack.
Depending on the materials of manufacture, design features, availability of additional options, hairdresser basins are divided into 3 price groups. Entry level salons tend to choose suitable products of the “Economy” category with a metal body and built-in inexpensive plumbing.
The salons of a higher and premium level can’t do without the models with ergonomic and stylish design: such equipment will emphasize the status and exclusivity of the services provided. A convenience in operation (for both the client and the barber) will be provided by a hydraulic height adjustment system with electric drive, several backrest positions, and additional options: backlight, massage function, etc.
How to choose a hair wash basin?
According to the norms of SES, the functional load per one basin is 3 barber chairs, which means its permanent use. Therefore, when choosing it is important to pay attention to the quality and reliability of the product:
- the materials must be resistant to moisture (when used and frequently cleaned);
- certain demand for the configuration – streamlined shapes: the sharp corners can cause an injury.
- all parts must be carefully adjusted and tightly connected to each other.
In addition, you should purchase:
- The collar on the sink.
Choose hair wash basins on Jiji at the lowest prices!
2.3. Trolleys and racks
Trolleys and racks are designed to store tools and accessories (hairdryers, hairbrushes, scissors, clippers, hair curlers, hairpins and much & much more).
In addition, you should purchase:
- Hairdresser’s trolley.
- Trolley for painting.
3. Other salon equipment
- UFO sterilizer (disinfection device for the tools, etc).
- Air recirculate system.
- Laboratory (for mixing hair dyes, storing shampoos, towels, etc.).
- Showcase (for selling products).
- Laundry basket.
- Vacuum cleaner.
- Extra bags for the vacuum cleaner.
- Clothes hangers for customers.
4. Barber’s tools and supplies
In addition to furniture and stationary equipment, you will also need hairdressing tools and consumables. Employees usually work with their tools, so only the minimal set of tools is needed:
- the machine for a hairstyle;
- hair dryers.
Consumables are the mousses, balms, shampoos, varnishes, dyes and other products for hair care, styling and dying. In some cases. You can choose whether to let the employees buy these items themselves, or you can buy everything you need wholesale on Jiji at the best prices, and then deduct these costs from the employee’s income.
5. List of salon equipment with names
- Barber Culture El Chapo Barber Chair.
- Dream In Reality Belgrano Heavy Duty Barber Chair.
- BR Beauty K.O. Professional Barber Chair.
- Wahl Sterling 4 Clipper + Trimmer Combo.
- Barber Culture Disposable Razors – Disposable Pack 100pk.
- Wahl 5 Star Magic Cordless Clipper.
- Wahl Beret Pro Lithium Cordless Trimmer.
- O3 Styling Mud.
- Barber Culture Scalp Master Brush.
- Barber Culture Hair Fibres Medium Brown.
6. Salon equipment list: price in Nigeria
- The prices for barber chairs are between N45,000 – N250,000.
- Standard salon chair for clients is about N42,000.
- Children salon styling chair price starts at N45,000.
- A salon wash basin will cost you N80,000 – 1N25,000.
- A good salon trolley cost about N12,000.
- A mobile salon tray price starts from N55,000/
- A mirror cardboard will cost you N45,000.
- Professional hair dryer is N40,000.
- Sterilizer with Ultraviolet is N18,000.
Install free updated Jiji app now and the best Jiji deals right on your smartphone!