Laundry soap bar is something you can find in every house today: it’s not surprising ‘cause it is one of the most essential items you use every day. That’s why this product has a constant demand on the market – so you can make a good money if you know how to make bar soap!
Soap making business is quite lucrative and offers constant revenue for everyone who has the will (and of course for those who have unique ideas for the bar soap making in order to stand out from the crowd).
Now we’ll tell you how to make laundry bar soap in Nigeria in details in order to make a bestselling product!
Find top soap making classes & courses on Jiji today and start your own handmade soap business tomorrow!
1. How to make laundry soap: the essentials
- two pans (one of them can be made of heat-resistant glass);
- hand blender;
- measuring cup;
- a glass stirring stick (you can use an ordinary spoon);
- bowl for working with alkali;
- forms for the soap.
2. How to produce bar soap: the ingredients
- oils for saponification;
- liquids: distilled water, herbal decoction, milk.
To make a bar soap, you will need caustic soda (NaOH). You can find it in the form of flakes or small crystals. Alkali is needed for saponification of fats (base oils).
Also, you can use any vegetable oils for laundry soap making process. Sometimes people add the pork fat. You will need the liquid in order to pre-dissolve the alkali and prepare it to mix with fats. Using the decoctions of herbs, you give soap useful properties, as well as natural flavor and shade.
To improve the soap, its coloration and aromatization use the following components:
- plasticizers – sugar, sorbitol, fructose, honey;
- acids – dairy, amber, stearic, lemon;
- oils for dressing (rejuvenation);
- various fillers.
Plasticizers are needed in order to make the soap more plastic, and also improve the foaming qualities. Acids will make the soap more solid and give it bactericidal properties. Lanolin will have a softening effect on too dry and coarsened skin.
Buy glycerin on Jiji cheaper!
3. Bar soap production process
- Measure out the right amount of alkali.
- Pour ice water into a special container.
- Slowly pour the alkali into the water and mix immediately.
- While the mixture cools, proceed to the oils.
- Melt solid oils in a water bath or in a microwave.
- Mix all oils to a homogeneous consistency.
- Measure the temperature of alkali and oils (use an electronic thermometer) – it should be approximately the same (37-38 °C).
- Add an alkaline solution to the oils, while filtering it through the strainer.
- Stir gently.
- Turn on the blender and beat the mixture of oils and alkali. Alternate whipping and stirring in off mode.
- When the mixture becomes viscous, you can start adding various utensils, dyes and flavors.
- At this stage, add fat, essential oils, other natural ingredients.
- Put a container with a soapy mass on a water bath. The water level in the pan should reach the level of the mass in the container.
- Cook on low heat for 3-4 hours under the lid.
- Check the water level in a saucepan and stir every 30 minutes.
- The mass should become gel-like and not stick to the fingers.
- When the base is ready, you can safely proceed to its “filling”.
- Add the fats as well, at the very end.
- Pour the soap into molds and allow it to thicken during the day.
Your homemade, natural soap is ready for use!
4. Laundry bar soap recipe: qualities of a good soap
- It foams very well.
- It is solid, durable & strong.
- It has a pleasant scent.
- It does not itch your skin hand.
- White flakes should appear in a couple of days after you have made it.
5. Bar soap recipe: the cold process
Install free updated Jiji app now and get the best Jiji deals anytime you want, anywhere you are!