The face shapes do matter when choosing the hairstyle!
Remember you were walking down the street and saw the lady rocking so amazing hairstyle that you’ve made a photo of her and ran to the barber to get the same hairstyle? Now recall that after you have got it you realized that it doesn’t suit you at all!
Yes, face shapes and hairstyles are tightly bounded and you should always pick the hairstyle for your face shape (other determining factors are shoulder width, height, complexion, hairline, the type and features of hair growth and the density, exfoliate forehead, profile, width of occiput, etc.)
There are five types of facial shapes include oval, round, oblong, heart and square. Now we will guide you through the different trendy hairstyles that suit different face shapes.
Find the professional hair stylists on Jiji in one click – get the best of Nigeria’s offers!
1. Hairstyles for round faces
This is a full looking face type with a round-shaped jaw line & hairline. The most wide point of this face type are the cheeks, so choosing long hairstyles for round faces or short hair for round face you’ll have to pay attention to that fact.
What hairstyles look good on a round face?
Well, you should choose the hairstyle that slims your wide face. For short and medium hair length styles, chose an off center part to break up the central face line, and use bangs that are swept back from your face.
Try to create a volume at the top that will help to increase your face length and visually make your face narrower.
You can also visually narrow the widest part of your face, your cheeks by:
- choosing a best haircut for round face that accentuates this part of your face;
- parting the hair in the central part;
- trying a hairstyle that ends at the level of the cheeks;
- blunting cut bangs.
The hairstyles you shouldn’t try having a round-shaped face:
- Women with a round face should avoid to framing it with a thick broad bang.
- You do not need to make a perm – curls and waves can additionally emphasize the round lines.
- The haircuts with the tips near the cheekbones and cheeks (whether it’s a square or a ladder) also do not look good with this face type.
- It’s better not to color the hair in one tone.
- In choosing a hairstyle, you should avoid horizontal lines and even selection.
Celebs with this face type choose the trendiest haircuts for round faces with less volume so they can visually minimize their full cheeks. The most popular options are pinned back half-up ‘do, ultra-long & wavy strands and above-the-shoulder bobs with volume on top and their variations.
If you have a round face like Omotola Jalade-Ekehinde, Katie Lowes, Fregie, Demi Lovato check out some of the best hairstyles for round faces:
1.1. Short hairstyles for round faces
1.2. Haircut for round face long hair
2. Hairstyles for oval faces
This face type has the even proportions that allow you to easily experiment with different hairstyles and make-up. So you will look perfect in nearly all hairstyles including long or short hairstyles for oval faces, bobbed hairdos, straight or curdled, layered hairstyles.
Best hairstyles for oval faces expose the balanced features of your face types. So, try hairstyles like ponytail and other up-dos that compel you to push your hair backwards.
As for celebs, Rihanna often likes to experiment with different hairstyle to maximize her oval face type visually. As a result, she always looks amazingly stylish and many trendy hairstyles were named after her!
You shouldn’t try these hairstyles if you have an oval face type:
- Normal fringe is OK except some of overly thin or thick hairstyle types that hang in your face. The thick ones add more roundness, making your head look like a ball, and the thin types look classless & scanty.
- Avoid hairstyles with short and long sides – it will makes the face visually longer.
- In general, forget about the styles that cover the uniqueness of your cute face!
3. Hairstyles for heart faces
This owners of this face type have a widow’s peak (a V-shaped point in the center of the hairline). They have a distinctively pointy jawlines and structured cheekbones.
Most hairstyles look good with this face type: just remember to choose the options to accentuate your chin or jaw line, because these parts visually make your face bottom-heavy!
Cheek-level or even longer soft hair layers will fill your narrow chin area, but side parts and wispy bangs break up your wide forehead.
If you have a face like Taylor Swift, Ciara or Miley Cyrus check out these trendy hairstyles and give them a try!
Buy quality hair extensions on Jiji and get the best results while experimenting with various hairstyles!
4. Hairstyles for square faces
Square face gives you a really strong appearance. You can soften the prominent features of this face type by choosing the right hairstyle. The extra-strong jaw line is in the focus when you look for a matching hairstyle.
Best hairstyle types for square face:
- styles that fall towards the face;
- short or medium lengths;
- long bobs;
- hairstyles that are parted at the side so that you can create a diagonal look.
There are hairstyles that you shouldn’t try:
- thick fringes at cheek length;
- middle parts with thick bangs;
- pixie haircuts (but f you really want to try it, choose the one that is longer and falls towards the face).
5. Hairstyles for Oblong Faces
This type is a longer version of the oval face type. The face is not extra wide, so choose the hairstyle that will reduce the long look of your face by making it look wider than it is.
The best hairstyle options for this face type are:
- curls and waves;
- short styles that end just around your cheekbones;
- experiment with various styles adopted by Hollywood celebs with oblong faces.
The hairstyles you shouldn’t try:
- long hairstyles that increase the length of your face and narrow it (the maximum you should go is a bit over mid-length);
- styles that are long on one side and short on the other side of a face. These options will visually increase the length of your face;
- Don’t екн scanty fringes, even the curly ones.
6. Hairstyles for men according to face shape
Check out these trendy hairstyles for men according to face type and choose the one that suit you best:
7. Facial hair styles: the main trends of 2018
Install free updated Jiji app now and get the most winning Jiji deals right on your smartphone!