Hair health is a sore subject for many girls and women around the world. When it comes to African women, it gets even more difficult. The combination of naturally curly and coarse hair with weather conditions turn proper hair care into a challenge, and edge control into even larger one.
Edges hair is the most sensitive. Almost a half of Nigerian women come to the point, when they feel helpless and forced to search how to grow edges back in a week. Good news: there are some edge growth products that can help. Bad news: quick action is not enough.
Causes of thinning edges
- Changes in organism: rapid weight loss, pregnancy, serious illnesses, anemia, hormonal disbalance etc.
- Scalp conditions.
- Tight styling or unhealthy styling habits.
- Reaction to some cosmetics or care products.
- Poor care.
Regardless of what have caused changes in woman’s appearance, embarrassment and frustration is the outcome. Preventive measures are not always the answer to how to grow your edges, but at the same time they will make the question how to make your front hair grow back less complicated.
Dos & don’ts
Find time to adjust to new habits:
- Start scalp massages. They stimulate skin and improve blood circulation. As a result, hair follicles receive more oxygen and nutrients.
- Use oils & special treatments. In most cases, it is possible to hair thinning around edges with the help of special treatment. Besides, it helps to reduce further damage. Look for preparations containing Vitamin E – it stimulates hair growth.
- Use natural products. Make sure you’ve picked what suits your skin and scalp.
- Be careful with face clears and moisturizers. Try to keep them off your hairline. Face care products may be effective for your skin, but at the same time have damaging effect on hairline.
- Pick up some vitamins. Food supplements and multivitamins are very helpful, when you need to grow back hairline fast.
- Change a pillowcase. This little detail also matters, if you are worried how to grow edges back. Cotton has outstanding absorbing properties, which result in de-moisturizing.
Get rid of a couple of bad habits:
- Mind your hairstyle. Don’t wear too tight or protective styles for extensive period of time. Very often the question about how to grow your front hair appears as a result of wearing braids or hair extension for several months in a row.
- Forget about adhesives & wig caps. This substances and accessories don’t let your scalp breathe properly. Leave it without oxygen, and you’ll need bald edges treatment and allergy treatment.
- Don’t use a brush for a while. It doesn’t mean your hair should remain tangled and look messy. Just don’t brush edge hair – use hair gel instead. Try not to interact with this area at all.
- Consistency is the answer. After your “how to grow bald edges fast” trouble is gone, keep sticking to preventive routine. Otherwise, you’ll come back to where you’ve started.
How to grow edges
So what to do if edge hair is already damaged? There are several options to deal with the problem: you can try natural home remedies, find something appropriate at drugstore, attend a trichologist, or change hairstyle for a while. Whatever you choose, building proper hair care habits should be the next step.
How to regain hairline naturally
Don’t forget about home remedies, like mustard masks. Mix 2 tbsp of dried mustard and 2 tbsp of hot water. After mustard dissolves, add 2 tbsp of burdock root oil extract, 2 tsp of sugar, 2 egg yolks and mix well. Leave for a couple of minutes and cover problematic zones for 15-60 minutes, depending on how sensitive your skin is. Repeat once or twice a week.
How to grow back edges with castor oil
Use castor oil to moisturize the area regularly. Castor oil stimulates hair growth and effectively restores edges. Apply a few couples of oil and gently massage the problematic area. Repeat every day until edges start growing back.
How to grow edges in 2 weeks
Consider medical treatment. Minoxidil is one of the most effective preparations. Besides, you can find it in a drugstore. Ask for 2% liquid (5% advised for men). Rub into problematic area gently. You can find out about frequency of use on the bottle.
Hairstyles for thinning edges
Edge control for hair growth can be stylish if you pick a proper hairstyle. For instance, you can style hair by shaving the edges and let them grow evenly. You can shave the head and go with extra-short hair, at least for a while. Experiment with fringe or a but, paint thin edges – be creative and positive about your appearance!