This year’s Met Gala became an amazing religious involvement, for the celebs as well as for the fashionistas watching the event on the TV screen. Well, the evening had many mic drop momets!
Metropolitan Museum of Art in New York bowled out the red carpet in carnival of “Heavenly Bodies: Fashion and the Catholic Imagination”, and, as you will see on the photos, the costume concept had a great influence of Catholicism.
See what all your favorite celebs and fashion insiders were dressed in, while celebrating the opening party of the “Heavenly Bodies: Fashion and the Catholic Imagination” exhibit!
Get all the unique branded fashion and beauty products you need on Jiji for the best prices on the whole Web!
1. About the Event
The event is held on the first Monday of May every year. This year it fell on the May 7th.
So, in addition to thematic outfits by Coco Chanel, John Galliano, Cristobal Balenciaga and other famous designers, the exhibition featured 40 objects and decorative arts from the Vatican, for example, details of the Pope’s vestments which have never been exhibited outside Italy!
This year there were three moderators: Amal Clooney, who visits Met Gala just for the second time in his life; Rihanna, one of the most talked about persons of the event, event, as well as Donatella Versace, that seems not to miss a single Ball during the past 15 years.
2. About the STAR guests
As the tradition goes, celebs gathered near the Metropolitan museum’s renowned steps for an ultra-fashion show-down like nobody else did before!
While some of the guests paid ambiguous tribute with ornate jewelry and cross motifs, other attendees went all-out: Rihanna was dressed in a full-Papal outfit, Jared Leto and Lana del Rey showed off in Gucci-clad Jesus ensembles, while posh Sarah Jessica Parker was shining in a staggering scene on her head.
Bella Hadid chose a total black look for a Ball – the model appeared in a futuristic black gown, which she complemented with the fingerless leather gloves and gold ornaments in the hair. And here’s Nicki Minaj, that preferred red dress with an impressive décolletage — we have to admit that the image came out quite infernal!
The best-dressed lists are out in mass media now, and you had enough time to consider your favorite outfit, we will be really glad to hear which of these ensembles became your favorite! So feel free to vote in the comments below!
- Alicia Quarles in Christian Siriano
- Amanda Seyfried in Prada
- Anja Rubik in Saint Laurent by Anthony Vaccarello
- Bee Shaffer in Valentino and Anna Wintour in Chanel
- Ashley Graham in Prabal Gurung
- Bee Shaffer in Valentino
- Bella Hadid in Chrome Hearts
- Brooke Shields in Zac Posen, wearing Tiffany & Co. jewelry
- Cole Sprouse in Thom Browne and Lili Reinhart in H&M
- Cynthia Erivo in Eva Fehren
- Dakota Fanning in Miu Miu
Find Miu Miu clothing from latest collections on Jiji cheaper!
- Daniel Kaluuya in Prada
- Diane Kruger in Prabal Gurung
- Donald Glover in Gucci
Original Gucci clothing is available on Jiji at the best prices on the Web!
- Donatella Versace in Versace
- Doutzen Kroes in Sies Marjan
- Eiza Gonzalez in Prabal Gurung
- Frances McDormand in Valentino
- George Clooney and his wife Amal in Richard Quinn
- Hailee Steinfeld in Prabal Gurung
- Huma Abedin in Giambattista Valli
- Jasmine Sanders in H&M and Bulgari jewelry
- Joan Smalls in Tommy Hilfiger wearing Bulgari jewelry
- Jonah Hill
- Kate Bosworth in Oscar de la Renta
- Kate Moss in Saint Laurent by Anthony Vaccarello
- Katharine McPhee in Georges Chakra
- Katherine Langford in Prada
- Keltie Knight
- Kerry Washington in Ralph Lauren
Buy Ralph Lauren clothing on Jiji at the most reasonable prices you have ever seen!
- Kiersey Clemons in H&M
- Kris Jenner in Tommy Hilfiger
- Laura Love in Versace
- Lauren Santo Domingo
- Lena Waithe in Carolina Herrera
- Lily Aldridge in Ralph Lauren wearing Bulgari jewelry and Rosie Huntington-Whiteley in Ralph Lauren
- Lily Collins in Givenchy
- Lynda Carter in Zac Posen
- Misha Nonoo in Misha Nonoo
- Olivia Munn in H&M
- Princess Beatrice of York in Alberta Ferretti
- Rihanna in Maison Margiela by John Galliano
- Rosie Huntington-Whiteley in Ralph Lauren
- Ruby Rose in Tommy Hilfiger
- Sasha Lane in Tory Burch
- SZA in Versace
- Zoe Kravitz in Saint Laurent by Anthony Vaccarello
Install free updated Jiji app now – get the best deals on Jiji right from your smartphone!