Yemi Alade also known as “Mama Africa” is famous for her unique style. This lady certainly knows how to make jaws drop with her stunning looks. It’s impossible to outline Yemi Alade fashion style in one word, since it ranges from classic to somewhat eccentric at times. Nevertheless, there’s one thing that unites all of these styles and it’s Ankara!
Anyone who knows even a little bit about the Nigerian fashion is aware that it was Yemi who started the trend of wearing Ankara styles in music videos.
Today it’s your turn to check out unbeatable Yemi Alade Ankara styles!
«Stylish» gets the new meaning with Jiji!
1. Yemi Alade fashion style: Ankara!
The stylish singer has always been a passionate fan of everything African and Ankara styles are not an exception. She is even called Mama Africa for that reason. Some of Yemi Alade outfits are highly creative tight dresses, flirty shorts, and sexy combos – all designed in Ankara. The diva looks absolutely fabulous in all these Ankara pieces and so could you!
Take a look at some of her African outfits that she slayed in last October for your inspiration! You’ll see with your own eyes that this honored with multiple awards super-talented musician can become your role-model in terms of style!
2. Yemi Alade dresses in Ankara: stop, look and adore!
- Yemi Alade rocks a three piece Ankara suit
This boss-like outfit consists of an Ankara print blazer, a vest and pants. For accessories she chose a gold chocker, a bracelet and classy black pumps. She also lifted her hair.
- Yemi Alade styles out in Olori Black Jacket Dress, created by Ray Darten
- Yemi Alade’s look during the US Tour in Oakland
On this pic Yemi Alade is wearing her Mabo Pambo structured garment at the second show on the Mama Africa US Tour.
- Yemi Alade rare «Behind The Scenes» photos in ‘Get Through This’ videoclip
In ‘Get Through This’ video, Yemi Alade was seen in an Ankara printed black dress. Her hair was again styled in her lovely signature up-do. Yemi accessorized with a gorgeous African beaded necklace.
- Yemi Alade backstage photos from the Awilo Longomba’s ‘Rihanna’ videoclip
When Awilo Longomba was releasing his much-awaited “Rihanna” video starring Mama Africa Yemi Alade, Yemi shared her photo on the set of the music video.
- Yemi Alade rocks it out loud at Glenfiddich Mavericks Rave Pool Party
On December 10th, Mama Africa visited the Glenfiddich Mavericks Rave Pool Party at All Seasons Hotel in Owerri, Imo State, Nigeria.
- Yemi Alade – “Just Walk With Me”
- Yemi Alade fashion show-up in scarlet Ankara dress, Shell’s Make The Future Campaign
- Yemi Alade dressed in Dashiki shirt, backstage photos of «Set for Ferrari» videoclip
- Songstress’s Halter Top Ankara outfit, DJ Spinall’s “Pepe Dem” video
In these pics Yemi’s dress features two types of Ankara printed materials. The contrasting print is located closer to the collar and the waist. Yemi rocked this look with black sunglasses and knee high open-toe boots.
Install free updated Jiji app now – use Jiji easier everywhere you are right from your smartphone!