You hear tips on treating oily and combination skin all the time, but less attention is paid to dry skin. However, this skin type requires thorough dry skin treatment to look healthy and beautiful. Find out how to get rid of dry skin in a few simple steps!
Shop affordable and effective skin care on Jiji
1. What is dry skin?
If you suspect you may have dry skin, here are the most common symptoms associated with this condition:
- Flaking or peeling of the skin.
- An itching sensation that causes you to constantly scratch the skin.
- A feeling of tightness after contact with water.
Dry skin is also often prone to irritation, particularly after trying new skin care products or makeup.
2. Morning routine
The most effective way to treat dry skin is to divide your dry skin remedies into two parts: one for use in the morning, and one for use before bed. Here are the steps for your morning dry skin care routine:
- Cleansing. It’s not recommended to use regular soap for dry skin – instead you should go for a mild cleansing lotion. Look for a lotion that doesn’t foam or lather; oil-based lotions are a great choice.
- Toning. You can use a regular toner or the one aimed at dry skin, just make sure it doesn’t contain drying ingredients like denatured alcohol and ethanol.
- Moisturizing. Unlike girls with oily skin, you can go for heavy oil-based moisturizers that will replenish your skin during the day. Remember to buy moisturizers with decent SPF protection.
3. Evening routine
Your skin care routine before bed isn’t too different from your morning steps, but during the night your skin requires more moisturizing – even the best soap for dry skin can’t prevent it from drying out. Here are your evening routine steps:
- Cleansing. For this step you can go for your regular cleansing lotion or use other product designed for dry skin – for example, cleansing oil.
- Toning. There is no need to use more than one product to tone your skin – use your regular toner twice a day.
- Serum. To increase the efficiency of your dry skin care routine, add a powerful serum after toning. If you’re over 35, we recommend using a retinol serum 3-4 times a week.
- Moisturizing. Your evening moisturizer should be a cream, not a gel. The best cream for dry skin is the one containing a lot of natural oils.
- Oil. If your skin is extremely dry, you can switch from your cream for dry skin to skin oil. What is the best oil for dry skin? Look for jojoba, almond, avocado, and rosehip seed oil in the ingredients list.
- Coconut oil. This oil can be the answer to the question “How to cure dry skin on face overnight?” Apply coconut oil to your face two hours before going to bed a couple of times a week and soon you’ll see a difference in the way your dry skin looks!
4. Home remedies for dry skin
Even after you build the most effective dry skin care routine that works for you perfectly, you can always increase its efficiency by introducing some home remedies:
- Apply freshly extracted aloe vera gel to your skin and leave overnight for best results.
- Vaseline works great as an emergency dry skin treatment – apply it for an hour before gently wiping off with a tissue.
- Try mixing 2 tablespoons of apple juice with 1 teaspoon of honey and applying for 15 minutes to instantly refresh your skin and get rid of its dull look.
- Rose water can be use instead of a toner; you can also spray rose water on your face throughout the day for a quick moisturizing.
- Combine mashed banana with coconut oil to achieve a yoghurt consistency, apply to the face for 15 minutes and rinse off. Repeat once or twice a week for best results.
Look even more beautiful with the Jiji app