Makeup trends change every season, but thick, full, and natural-looking eyebrows have been in vogue for several years now. Just when you thought that the makeup community couldn’t possibly invent a new eyebrow look, here it is – meets squiggle browse.
Squiggle brows, which are all over YouTube and Instagram right now, are, without a doubt, a very controversial new eyebrow trend. Find out everything you need to know about the hottest eyebrow look of 2017 right now!
Get everything for your beauty on Jiji
1. How it all started
The new eyebrow makeup trend was launched by an Instagram beauty blogger Promise Tamang. She uploaded an Instagram post with her eyebrows arranged in a wavy shape. She cited a photo of someone’s photoshopped brows as her inspiration.
Within a few days, the reaction for the new eyebrow trend has been overwhelming. Many bloggers accepted the challenge and recreated the squiggly look, while others said the new look wasn’t for them. There have been plenty of strong negative reactions as well, even from the leading style and beauty magazines.
2. Best examples of squiggle brows
As of now, there are hundreds of attempts from makeup bloggers and amateur beauty addicts who try and replicate the trend set by Promise Tamang. Here are the best recent squiggly eyebrows styles – who knows, maybe they’ll inspire you to get your own wavy brows?
3. How to recreate the look
If you’re bold enough to try the new trend on your own eyebrows, you can do it in a few simple steps.
- Start by applying a fixing agent to your eyebrows. It can be an ultra strong eyebrow gel, but the original blogger who started the trend used PVA glue instead – it’s effective, safe, and cheap.
- Arrange the eyebrow hairs in the desired direction, moving them up and down to create a wavy shape. You can use an eyebrow stencil to achieve the perfect wave.
- Fill out the eyebrows to make them look fuller using an eyebrow pencil, brow pomade, or even a dark eyeshadow – any product you prefer to use every day.
- Apply a concealer above and below the eyebrow wave to hide stray brow hairs and make the unusual shape of your eyebrows stand out.
- That’s it: your 100% unique and trendy eyebrow look is done! Now let’s see if you’ll dare to leave the house with your squiggly brows or will only wear it for a killer selfie.
Upgrade your look with the Jiji app