- 1. Osun-Osogbo Grove, Osun State
- 2. New Afrika Shrine, Lagos State
- 3. Ikogosi Warm Spring, Ekiti State
- 4. Ogbunike Caves, Enugu State
- 5. Coconut Beach, Lagos state
- 6. Millennium Park, Abuja, Maitama district
- 7. Mambilla Plateau, Taraba State
- 8. Kainji National Park, Niger State
- 9. The Ancient Nok Settlement, Kaduna State
- 10. Oke-Idanre Hill, Ondo State
- 11. Tourist attractions in Lagos
- 12. Tourist attractions in Abuja
A multitude of various tourist attractions in Nigeria has made this gorgeous country the Promised land for tourists. Nigeria has a lot to offer not to leave any even experienced tourist indifferent: ancient temples, cities and magnificent sceneries.
Are you fully packed and ready for the adventure of your life? Then read this post as your guide! We are proud to introduce to you these 10 tourist centers in Nigeria you must visit!
Install updated Jiji app now – since this is a free chance to see how convenient it is to shop online!
1. Osun-Osogbo Grove, Osun State
This UNESCO World Heritage Site is one of the tourist centers in Nigeria where you can visit holy places, temples, and other pieces of art made to honor Osun, the goddess of fertility. The grove is located on the Oshun River.
2. New Afrika Shrine, Lagos State
Whenever you get in the mood for music created by the famous Fela’s family, you should definitely go to the reconstructed New Afrika Shrine situated in Adeleye Street, Ikeja. You will need to pay an entrance fee of N500.
3. Ikogosi Warm Spring, Ekiti State
Surrounded by beautiful trees and bushes Ikogosi Warm Spring Resort is a mysterious and fun place to be. This resort is famous because it has warm and cold springs that meet at one point by the rock. The locals think that the water from the springs can heal diseases.
4. Ogbunike Caves, Enugu State
Ogbunike Caves is a UNESCO Heritage Site that features many fascinating caves famous for their historical and cultural importance. You will have to go down 317 steps to get to the caves but it’ certainly worth it.
5. Coconut Beach, Lagos state
Coconut beach got its name thanks to a lot of coconut trees that grow around it. It is definitely one of the calmest and most magical tourist places in Nigeria…There you can enjoy mind-blowing ocean landscapes for your ultimate relaxation.
6. Millennium Park, Abuja, Maitama district
The Millennium Park, located in the Maitama district, has been opened by Queen Elizabeth and has since become the largest and the most fascinating park for kids’ rest.
7. Mambilla Plateau, Taraba State
The Mambilla Plateau is a high Plateau covered with grass famous for its beautiful landscapes. It is over 1,830 meters above sea level and features abundant greenery. To get there you will have to use rather dangerous winding paths that provide fabulous views of the canyon.
This place is an ideal area for growing Apples, Pears, Arabica Coffee, Strawberries, Tea and Irish Potatoes. Another cool feature is the absence of biting insects like Tsetse fly and Mosquito while hosting 2 million herds of cattle.
8. Kainji National Park, Niger State
Kainji National Park was started in1978 and is divided into 3 parts: the Borgu Game Reserve, the Zugurma Game Reserve, and the Kainji Lake. However, you cannot fish in that lake.
9. The Ancient Nok Settlement, Kaduna State
This unique place provides antique exhibits for galleries and museums in the entire world. This place is a real paradise for archaeologists. The famous Terracotta figurine was found here.
10. Oke-Idanre Hill, Ondo State
The tourists can see a lot of breath-taking valleys and solitary rocks in this UNESCO World Heritage Site. There are the following attractions there:
- Omi Aopara;
- the thundering water;
- Agbooogun footprint;
- Old cemetery;
- the Owa’s palace.
Now let’s pay attention to the most visited cities and their brightest places of interest as well as entertainment in them!
11. Tourist attractions in Lagos
12. Tourist attractions in Abuja
Is there a way to simplify online shopping even further and make it even more profitable? Sure – simply install updated Jiji app now!